San Francisco News
San Francisco hotel to offer Alcatraz inspired menu
SAN FRANCISCO -- Want to eat like a mobster? The Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco is rolling out an Alcatraz menu.
The meals are based on what inmates like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly actually ate while they were on The Rock.
But we're not talking goulash; inmates ate meals featuring meatloaf, baked halibut and broiled short ribs.
"Rumor has it they fed them well so that it would keep the peace in the island and they wouldn't cause any trouble," Hyatt Regency Chef Victor Litkewycz said. "A happy prisoner, I guess, would be a peaceful prisoner."
Diners can try the special menu at the hyatt regency during August. The meals will be served on prison trays.
The hotel also has a lobby display on Alcatraz's history and pictures of notorious inmates.
alcatraz, food, san francisco news
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 45 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 58 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 44 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos