San Francisco News
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" being filmed in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- There was an unusual sight Saturday on San Francisco's Broadway Street in the city's North Beach neighborhood.
What looked like a bad accident or an art installation was actually part of the set of a new film being shot in SF.
The movie, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," is about a group of scientists in San Francisco who try to survive in the aftermath of a deadly plague.
It's the sequel of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which was also shot in San Francisco and Muir Woods.
The upcoming film stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell.
It opens in theaters next July.
north beach, movies, celebrity, san francisco news
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 9 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 4 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor