San Francisco News
Filming for new movie continues in San Francisco's North Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- Filming for the new "Planet of the Apes" movie is continuing in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood.
A wrecked police car was part of the scenery for the new film, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes."
Drivers and pedestrians in the area may face detours when the actual filming takes place. You might also find less parking, as the scenery and production equipment is taking up parking spaces on nearby streets.
The film is about a group of scientists in San Francisco who try to survive in the aftermath of a deadly plague. It's the sequel of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which was also shot in San Francisco and Muir Woods.
The upcoming movie stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell.
It opens in theaters next July.
north beach, movies, celebrity, san francisco news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 21 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 54 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 53 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All