San Francisco News
Filming for new movie continues in San Francisco's North Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- Filming for the new "Planet of the Apes" movie is continuing in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood.
A wrecked police car was part of the scenery for the new film, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes."
Drivers and pedestrians in the area may face detours when the actual filming takes place. You might also find less parking, as the scenery and production equipment is taking up parking spaces on nearby streets.
The film is about a group of scientists in San Francisco who try to survive in the aftermath of a deadly plague. It's the sequel of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which was also shot in San Francisco and Muir Woods.
The upcoming movie stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell.
It opens in theaters next July.
north beach, movies, celebrity, san francisco news
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 31 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury 53 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...