San Francisco News
Dodgers fan stabbing suspect released from custody
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are searching for more suspects after a Dodgers fan was killed this week. On Friday they questioned and released one man.
Police arrested 21-year-old Michael Montgomery on Thursday. They say he got into an argument with the victim, Jonathan Denver, after the Giants-Dodgers game on Wednesday.
Denver was stabbed to death and police say he was wearing Dodgers gear.
Friday night Montgomery was released from jail.
In an interview with the Lodi News-Sentinel Montgomery's parents claim their son was outnumbered and was hit in the head with a chair, so he fought back in self-defense. That appears to be why he was released.
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon said they do not have enough evidence to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. He said in a statement late Friday that not all witnesses have been questioned and no independent witnesses have been interviewed.
SFPD, crime, soma, murder, at&t park, violence, san francisco giants, san francisco news
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 34 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 35 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 15 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 2 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 3 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking 1 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
28 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
34 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
35 min ago