San Francisco News
Supes to announce legislation to help residents facing eviction
SAN FRANCISCO -- Board of Supervisors President David Chiu is set to announce legislation that could help residents facing eviction.
The announcement comes after an all-day protest got underway last week to bring attention to the Lee family.
Poon Heung Lee, 79, and his wife Gum Gee live in a rent-controlled apartment in the Polk Gulch neighborhood. Their building was sold recently, and the owner has legally relocated all of the other tenants.
The Lees are appealing the eviction. They say they have been unable to find other affordable housing.
protest, housing market, real estate, san francisco news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation