San Francisco News
SFSU student shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco man accused of killing a San Francisco State University student made a court appearance Wednesday in a case prosecutors are calling a "random thrill killing."
Nikhom Thephakaysone, 30, pleaded not guilty in the shooting of 20 year-old Justin Valdez after the two got off a Muni metro streetcar last week in the city's Ocean View District.
The judge denied bail. Prosecutors say the suspect is a threat to the public and could kill again.
Investigators say they found survivalist gear, an arsenal of weapons, and $20,000 in cash after searching his residence.
ingleside, crime, shooting, SFPD, caught on tape, SFSU, southern california, san francisco news
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 32 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant