San Francisco News
SFSU student shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco man accused of killing a San Francisco State University student made a court appearance Wednesday in a case prosecutors are calling a "random thrill killing."
Nikhom Thephakaysone, 30, pleaded not guilty in the shooting of 20 year-old Justin Valdez after the two got off a Muni metro streetcar last week in the city's Ocean View District.
The judge denied bail. Prosecutors say the suspect is a threat to the public and could kill again.
Investigators say they found survivalist gear, an arsenal of weapons, and $20,000 in cash after searching his residence.
ingleside, crime, shooting, SFPD, caught on tape, SFSU, southern california, san francisco news
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 57 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 20 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos