San Francisco News
Man dies after being crushed between two vehicles in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man died after being crushed between two vehicles in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood Friday afternoon, according to San Francisco police.
The male victim was unloading or loading a vehicle on Pacific Avenue at Polk Street this afternoon around 3 p.m. when the incident occurred, according to Officer Albie Esparza.
He was standing between two parked vehicles when the truck behind him suddenly accelerated, pinning him against the other vehicle, Esparza said.
The victim, whose name has not yet been released, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died of his injuries. The truck's driver remained on the scene and is cooperating with police.
Investigators are still working to determine why the vehicle accelerated and whether charges are appropriate, Esparza said. The victim and driver may have been working together, Esparza said.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411 with SFPD at the start of the message.
nob hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 34 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD