San Francisco News
Arrest made in death of man selling PlayStation
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspect has been arrested in connection with the killing of a man who was trying to sell a PlayStation 4 in San Francisco on Sunday, a police spokeswoman said Monday.
Police believe San Francisco resident Ronnie Collins, 21, shot 22-year-old Ikenna Uwakah at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Investigators say the 22-year-old had sold his PlayStation 4 online and went to Mendell Street and Hudson Avenue to get his money from the buyer.
His father says that's when everything went wrong
"Instead of paying for it, he didn't want to pay for it and my son, maybe was demanding his money, so he shot him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
The killer ran off without the gaming console.
A source close to the investigation tells ABC7 News that Uwakah's girlfriend was with him in the car but was unharmed.
Uwakah was a student at Santa Monica City College. He was home for the Thanksgiving break and was supposed to return Sunday evening.
Uwakah was the younger among his two siblings.
"Oh, that's my baby child; I can't begin to tell you how much I love him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
Uwaka's father says his son was a good young man with a good future.
"He's generally a nice boy; everybody's friendly with him, he's friendly with everybody," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
shooting, bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, violence, video game, san francisco news, vic lee
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 14 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos