San Francisco News
Man killed in San Francisco's Portola District shooting Tuesday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's Portola neighborhood this morning, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at 10:44 a.m. near Burrows and Holyoke streets.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The shooting prompted the lockdown of nearby E.R. Taylor Elementary School, according to Angie Oropeza, a secretary at the school.
Oropeza said school staff members were told not to let the children go outside but that classes could continue normally.
shooting, violence, san francisco news
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 29 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Family Party
10 min ago