San Francisco News
Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
SAN FRANCISCO -- You can start the holiday season early, and bring your family to a party with sports celebrities at the Giants ballpark in San Francisco. It's to help underprivileged children.
The Holiday Heroes celebration is put on by the Wender Weis Foundation for Children.
Those who attend will be able to meet the celebrity hosts Joe and Jennifer Montana, or mingle with Olympic skier Jonny Mosely, or stars from the Giants, Oakland Raiders, the San Jose Sharks and the San Jose Earthquakes.
More than 300 kids from local charities will also be there.
"They have a fun time doing arts and crafts, and video games, and get a gift bag," said Amy Wender. "Sometimes for some of the kids, the gift bag is the only gift they'll receive during the holiday season."
ABC7 News anchors Kristen Sze and Cheryl Jennings will be there.
Tickets for Holiday Heroes this Monday night are still available. For more information, click here.
at&t park, charities, children, celebrity, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, san jose earthquakes, san jose sharks, oakland raiders, san francisco news
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 30 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos