San Francisco News
Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
SAN FRANCISCO -- You can start the holiday season early, and bring your family to a party with sports celebrities at the Giants ballpark in San Francisco. It's to help underprivileged children.
The Holiday Heroes celebration is put on by the Wender Weis Foundation for Children.
Those who attend will be able to meet the celebrity hosts Joe and Jennifer Montana, or mingle with Olympic skier Jonny Mosely, or stars from the Giants, Oakland Raiders, the San Jose Sharks and the San Jose Earthquakes.
More than 300 kids from local charities will also be there.
"They have a fun time doing arts and crafts, and video games, and get a gift bag," said Amy Wender. "Sometimes for some of the kids, the gift bag is the only gift they'll receive during the holiday season."
ABC7 News anchors Kristen Sze and Cheryl Jennings will be there.
Tickets for Holiday Heroes this Monday night are still available. For more information, click here.
at&t park, charities, children, celebrity, san francisco 49ers, san francisco giants, san jose earthquakes, san jose sharks, oakland raiders, san francisco news
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 40 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos