San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after SF Mission District hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian critically injured in a hit-and-run on Valencia Street in San Francisco early Thursday morning died later that day, according to the medical examiner's office.
The victim, identified as 30-year-old Kurt Dalen, died at San Francisco General Hospital after the 2:45 a.m. collision.
Dalen, a San Francisco resident, was struck by a car as he walked across Valencia Street at Clinton Park, according to police.
The car continued south on Valencia and did not stop after striking him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Shyy said the car was described as a black or blue four-door sedan that likely has damage to its front passenger side and possibly the windshield.
Police said today that the suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
mission district, hit and run, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD