San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after SF Mission District hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian critically injured in a hit-and-run on Valencia Street in San Francisco early Thursday morning died later that day, according to the medical examiner's office.
The victim, identified as 30-year-old Kurt Dalen, died at San Francisco General Hospital after the 2:45 a.m. collision.
Dalen, a San Francisco resident, was struck by a car as he walked across Valencia Street at Clinton Park, according to police.
The car continued south on Valencia and did not stop after striking him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Shyy said the car was described as a black or blue four-door sedan that likely has damage to its front passenger side and possibly the windshield.
Police said today that the suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
mission district, hit and run, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night 43 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery 37 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home