San Francisco News
Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man suspected of throwing two cats into San Francisco Bay last week was arrested Friday afternoon, a San Francisco Animal Care and Control spokeswoman said.
Eric Leroy Patterson was arrested around 3:30 p.m. at the Embarcadero Four building in San Francisco in connection with an incident from Nov. 25 near Pier 25 on the Embarcadero, ACC spokeswoman Deb Campbell said.
The animal deaths occurred around 4:20 p.m. on Nov. 25 near Pier 25 when Patterson allegedly grabbed the belongings of a woman walking in the area, ACC officials said.
The woman's two adult cats were in a feline carrier attached to her belongings, which Patterson allegedly threw into the Bay, officials said.
Both cats died in the incident.
Campbell said Patterson allegedly resisted arrested when San Francisco police found him this afternoon after tips came in about the suspect in the incident.
The ACC had released photos and videos of the suspect earlier this week.
He was being booked at the San Francisco County Jail this afternoon, she said.
animal, animals in peril, san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos