San Francisco News
Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Bay Area girl's quinceanera dream got a boost Friday when Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation gave her the red carpet treatment.
Paola Lomeli-Rodriquez of Daly City is battling salivary gland cancer. Though the 14-year-old is making progress, her cancer remains life-threatening.
And she's been too busy going to treatments, so she couldn't plan for her quinceanera.
On Friday at the Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square, Paola was treated to a lot of love and smiles. She also got a fitting for a dress.
"I don't know how to explain it," Paola said. "Like, it's a very warming feeling that like there's people there who are out there to make other people's days better, you know?"
Macy's "Believe" campaign has raised millions of dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation so it can grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, like Paola.
daly city, macy's, cancer, san francisco news
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 53 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos