South Bay News
Bryan Stow back home; insurance money runs out
SAN FRANCISCO -- Bryan Stow is out of rehab and back at home in Santa Cruz County.
The Stow family says their insurance has stopped paying for the Bakersfield rehabilitation center where Stow has been treated for the past two years.
Stow was brutally beaten after a Giants-Dodgers game in Los Angeles on opening day in 2011.
In a statement posted on the family's blog, the Stow family says they're happy Bryan is home, but they wished he could have stayed longer at the rehab center, and it's difficult providing the 24-hour-a-day care he requires.
bryan stow, health insurance, south bay news
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap