Ventura County News
Oxnard teacher to appeal firing after porn video surfaced
OXNARD, Calif. -- An Oxnard teacher fired for being in a pornographic video before she was hired is planning to fight her dismissal.
The district voted to fire Stacie Halas last week. She taught seventh and eighth grade science at Richard B. Haydock Intermediate School. An attorney for the 32-year-old said Friday that she will contest the allegations against her.
Lawyer Richard Schwab told the Ventura County Star that Halas engaged in "lawful conduct" in a "very vibrant" business for California.
Halas has 30 days to appeal the decision.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
ventura county news
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 40 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 54 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 49 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 22 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos