Ventura County News
Oxnard teacher to appeal firing after porn video surfaced
OXNARD, Calif. -- An Oxnard teacher fired for being in a pornographic video before she was hired is planning to fight her dismissal.
The district voted to fire Stacie Halas last week. She taught seventh and eighth grade science at Richard B. Haydock Intermediate School. An attorney for the 32-year-old said Friday that she will contest the allegations against her.
Lawyer Richard Schwab told the Ventura County Star that Halas engaged in "lawful conduct" in a "very vibrant" business for California.
Halas has 30 days to appeal the decision.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
ventura county news
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 37 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
37 min ago