Ex-sailor searches for Mary in Milwaukee
March 25, 2011 (MILWAUKEE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A former sailor who was stationed at Naval Station Great Lakes is looking for a sweetheart he left behind long ago when he shipped out to duty.
Steve Daubert, 59, took out three ads in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in a quest to find a lost love named Mary. He says his wife of 37 years approves.
The ad reads, "Need info on Mary. She was in HS in Jan. 1972 when I was in the Navy. I met her parents and I have a # of pics I would like to send to her. And to say I'm sorry."
What's he sorry for? Well, Daubert told Sentinel writer Jim Stingl that he met Mary, whose last name he does not remember, in 1972 when she was 17 or 18 and he was 20. The two dated for two months before he was shipped out. Things ended with a fight because he wanted a commitment, she didn't.
Daubert said he would like to return some photos to Mary, who may or may not want to be found.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party