Wis. cop killed on duty laid to rest
March 27, 2011 (KENOSHA, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin police officer killed in the line of duty was laid to rest this weekend.
Fond du Lac police officer Craig Birkholz was shot and killed when he responded to a call about a sexual assault. Another officer was injured in the incident.
Scores paid tribute to Birkholz with a funeral procession in his hometown of Kenosha, Wis.
Residents held American flags to honor the officer as the procession passed by.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake