Wis. cop killed on duty laid to rest
March 27, 2011 (KENOSHA, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin police officer killed in the line of duty was laid to rest this weekend.
Fond du Lac police officer Craig Birkholz was shot and killed when he responded to a call about a sexual assault. Another officer was injured in the incident.
Scores paid tribute to Birkholz with a funeral procession in his hometown of Kenosha, Wis.
Residents held American flags to honor the officer as the procession passed by.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 34 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 38 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 58 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
34 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
2 min ago