Wis. cop killed on duty laid to rest
March 27, 2011 (KENOSHA, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin police officer killed in the line of duty was laid to rest this weekend.
Fond du Lac police officer Craig Birkholz was shot and killed when he responded to a call about a sexual assault. Another officer was injured in the incident.
Scores paid tribute to Birkholz with a funeral procession in his hometown of Kenosha, Wis.
Residents held American flags to honor the officer as the procession passed by.
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn 28 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 15 min ago
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old