Pro-union demonstrators rally at Wis. capitol
April 9, 2011 (MADISON, Wis.) (WLS) -- On Saturday, union workers and supporters rallied not only in Chicago in but also in Madison, Wis.
Those protesting at Wisconsin's capitol objected to legislation signed into law by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
It bans most public employee unions from bargaining for anything except wages.
Walker says he's trying to cut costs and balance the state budget.
The new law is being contested in court.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion 21 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees 34 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- ABC7 To Go 12-13-13
43 min ago
- 7 in :77