Pro-union demonstrators rally at Wis. capitol
April 9, 2011 (MADISON, Wis.) (WLS) -- On Saturday, union workers and supporters rallied not only in Chicago in but also in Madison, Wis.
Those protesting at Wisconsin's capitol objected to legislation signed into law by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
It bans most public employee unions from bargaining for anything except wages.
Walker says he's trying to cut costs and balance the state budget.
The new law is being contested in court.
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1, missing from Chicago's South Side 4 min ago
- Murder warrant issued for LSD standoff suspect 5 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Controversial 'Pure American' billboard removed 26 min ago
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office
- Gary Bettenhausen, race car driver, dead at 72 46 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1,...
4 min ago