Palin: Wis. gov doing the right thing with unions
April 16, 2011 (MADISON, Wis.) (WLS) -- Sarah Palin said Saturday that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is doing the right thing by demanding concessions from public employee unions.
She made her remarks during a speech at a tea party rally outside the Wisconsin state capitol.
The potential Republican presidential candidate said Walker is trying to save public workers' jobs.
Last month, the governor signed a law that strips public workers of nearly all their collective bargaining rights.
A number of labor supporters were also there, and tried to drown out Palin with their chanting.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 59 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 15 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 13 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters 57 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Skokie fire lights up sky 46 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
59 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
15 min ago