Palin: Wis. gov doing the right thing with unions
April 16, 2011 (MADISON, Wis.) (WLS) -- Sarah Palin said Saturday that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is doing the right thing by demanding concessions from public employee unions.
She made her remarks during a speech at a tea party rally outside the Wisconsin state capitol.
The potential Republican presidential candidate said Walker is trying to save public workers' jobs.
Last month, the governor signed a law that strips public workers of nearly all their collective bargaining rights.
A number of labor supporters were also there, and tried to drown out Palin with their chanting.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos