Son may have killed parents over gas money
April 22, 2011 (MEQUON, Wis.) (WLS) -- An argument over $5 in gas money may have led to the death of a Wisconsin couple.
Denis Markov of Mequon, which is near Milwaukee, is charged with shooting his parents to death.
According to a criminal complaint, he told police he asked his father for gas money. When his father refused, the two got into an argument and the son allegedly shot him.
When his mother returned from errands, Markov allegedly shot her, too.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos