Man arrested with loaded gun in Six Flags parking lot
May 11, 2011 (GURNEE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana man faces charges for allegedly taking a loaded gun to the entrance of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee.
Twenty-one-year-old Arthur Olvera Junior of Hammond is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
Police in Gurnee say Olvera and a woman refused to move forward in line once they approached the gate's metal detector.
The couple was then chased into the parking lot when they jumped out of line.
Gurnee police officers say they recovered a loaded .40-caliber handgun.
The woman was not charged.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 29 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 11 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 16 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 8 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand