Man arrested with loaded gun in Six Flags parking lot
May 11, 2011 (GURNEE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana man faces charges for allegedly taking a loaded gun to the entrance of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee.
Twenty-one-year-old Arthur Olvera Junior of Hammond is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
Police in Gurnee say Olvera and a woman refused to move forward in line once they approached the gate's metal detector.
The couple was then chased into the parking lot when they jumped out of line.
Gurnee police officers say they recovered a loaded .40-caliber handgun.
The woman was not charged.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All