Gov. Walker spends night on Denver airport floor
July 18, 2011 (MILWAUKEE) -- Wisconsin's governor was among hundreds of people who spent the night at Denver's main airport because of a hail storm.
Gov. Scott Walker tweeted Thursday that he was headed to a National Governors Association meeting in Salt Lake City when he got stuck at Denver International Airport Wednesday night. Airport spokeswoman Laura Coale says the storm damaged about 40 planes and caused delays and cancellations. She says about 1,000 people had to spend the night in the airport.
Walker tweeted that security recommended he stay in a conference room, where he says he slept on the floor, after airport staff got him a blanket and pillow.
The governor tweeted that he wasn't able to change clothes for 28 hours.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney 14 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 32 min ago
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos