Gov. Walker spends night on Denver airport floor
July 18, 2011 (MILWAUKEE) -- Wisconsin's governor was among hundreds of people who spent the night at Denver's main airport because of a hail storm.
Gov. Scott Walker tweeted Thursday that he was headed to a National Governors Association meeting in Salt Lake City when he got stuck at Denver International Airport Wednesday night. Airport spokeswoman Laura Coale says the storm damaged about 40 planes and caused delays and cancellations. She says about 1,000 people had to spend the night in the airport.
Walker tweeted that security recommended he stay in a conference room, where he says he slept on the floor, after airport staff got him a blanket and pillow.
The governor tweeted that he wasn't able to change clothes for 28 hours.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants 59 min ago
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash 57 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...