Man jumps on moving bus as driver has heart attack
September 21, 2011 (WLS) -- Matt Collins is being hailed as a hero in Wisconsin after he jumped on a bus whose driver was having a heart attack.
Collins and his business associates were waiting to turn left at an intersection in Elm Grove last week when they saw the bus heading towards the intersection, but they did not see a driver behind the wheel.
Collins jumped out of his car and onto the bus. He saw the driver slumped over, suffering from a heart attack.
"I braked and slowed down the bus, stopped it, threw it in park, checked for a pulse," said Collins.
Collins and paramedics were able to revive the driver.
There were two special needs children on board the bus at the time; they were uninjured.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...