Man jumps on moving bus as driver has heart attack
September 21, 2011 (WLS) -- Matt Collins is being hailed as a hero in Wisconsin after he jumped on a bus whose driver was having a heart attack.
Collins and his business associates were waiting to turn left at an intersection in Elm Grove last week when they saw the bus heading towards the intersection, but they did not see a driver behind the wheel.
Collins jumped out of his car and onto the bus. He saw the driver slumped over, suffering from a heart attack.
"I braked and slowed down the bus, stopped it, threw it in park, checked for a pulse," said Collins.
Collins and paramedics were able to revive the driver.
There were two special needs children on board the bus at the time; they were uninjured.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos