Man jumps on moving bus as driver has heart attack
September 21, 2011 (WLS) -- Matt Collins is being hailed as a hero in Wisconsin after he jumped on a bus whose driver was having a heart attack.
Collins and his business associates were waiting to turn left at an intersection in Elm Grove last week when they saw the bus heading towards the intersection, but they did not see a driver behind the wheel.
Collins jumped out of his car and onto the bus. He saw the driver slumped over, suffering from a heart attack.
"I braked and slowed down the bus, stopped it, threw it in park, checked for a pulse," said Collins.
Collins and paramedics were able to revive the driver.
There were two special needs children on board the bus at the time; they were uninjured.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 17 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 20 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
54 min ago