Teenage boy accused of shooting girl with arrow
June 21, 2012 (WLS) -- A teenage boy appeared in a Wisconsin juvenile court on Tuesday accused of hitting a young girl in the back with an arrow.
Prosecutors have filed a petition to try the teen as an adult.
The judge released the boy into the custody of his mother and ordered him to wear a home-monitoring bracelet. In addition, he isn't allowed to have weapons or make contact with the victim's family.
The incident took place in Campbellsport back in late May. Officials say the girl was walking down East Main Street around 5:30 p.m. when she was struck in the back.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos