Paul Ryan in hometown Janesville, Wisconsin, for RNC send-off
August 27, 2012 (JANESVILLE, Wis.) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people filled the gym at Paul Ryan's high school alma mater in Janesville, Wisconsin, Monday for a send-off rally before the soon-to-be nominee for vice president heads to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
Hundreds of people filled up the gym at Craig High School, sending Ryan off to the Republican National Convention the hometown way.
In a speech, Ryan said the stakes were as high as could be.
"We're not just picking the next president for a few years," Ryan said. "We are picking the pathway for America for a generation."
Ryan will head to the convention Tuesday and is scheduled to speak on Wednesday.
Janesville residents believe Ryan is ready for the task.
"We've been supporting Paul Ryan for a lot of years. And his message has always been consistent, and it is a message that the rest of the nation needs to hear," said Jim Enerson.
Democrats were in Janesville, too, spreading their message that change is not the answer.
wisconsin news, diane pathieu
- China-bound jet vanishes with 239 people aboard 11 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 25 min ago
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 27 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- China-bound jet vanishes with 239 people...
11 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
18 min ago