Paul Ryan in hometown Janesville, Wisconsin, for RNC send-off
August 27, 2012 (JANESVILLE, Wis.) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people filled the gym at Paul Ryan's high school alma mater in Janesville, Wisconsin, Monday for a send-off rally before the soon-to-be nominee for vice president heads to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
Hundreds of people filled up the gym at Craig High School, sending Ryan off to the Republican National Convention the hometown way.
In a speech, Ryan said the stakes were as high as could be.
"We're not just picking the next president for a few years," Ryan said. "We are picking the pathway for America for a generation."
Ryan will head to the convention Tuesday and is scheduled to speak on Wednesday.
Janesville residents believe Ryan is ready for the task.
"We've been supporting Paul Ryan for a lot of years. And his message has always been consistent, and it is a message that the rest of the nation needs to hear," said Jim Enerson.
Democrats were in Janesville, too, spreading their message that change is not the answer.
wisconsin news, diane pathieu
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 11 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 19 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 52 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
11 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
6 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos