Paul Ryan in hometown Janesville, Wisconsin, for RNC send-off
August 27, 2012 (JANESVILLE, Wis.) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people filled the gym at Paul Ryan's high school alma mater in Janesville, Wisconsin, Monday for a send-off rally before the soon-to-be nominee for vice president heads to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
Hundreds of people filled up the gym at Craig High School, sending Ryan off to the Republican National Convention the hometown way.
In a speech, Ryan said the stakes were as high as could be.
"We're not just picking the next president for a few years," Ryan said. "We are picking the pathway for America for a generation."
Ryan will head to the convention Tuesday and is scheduled to speak on Wednesday.
Janesville residents believe Ryan is ready for the task.
"We've been supporting Paul Ryan for a lot of years. And his message has always been consistent, and it is a message that the rest of the nation needs to hear," said Jim Enerson.
Democrats were in Janesville, too, spreading their message that change is not the answer.
wisconsin news, diane pathieu
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos