Woman sentenced to life for killing pregnant woman
December 13, 2012 (MILWAUKEE) (WLS) -- A Milwaukee woman is sentenced to life in prison for killing a pregnant woman and cutting her full-term fetus from her womb. It also died.
Thirty-four-year-old Annette Morales-Rodriguez was convicted of two counts of first- degree intentional homicide.
A few weeks before the crime last year, Chicago relatives threw a baby shower for the mother-to-be. Maritza Ramirez Cruz was 23 years old.
Morales-Rodriguez told police she committed the crimes because she was desperate to give her boyfriend a son.
She faked a pregnancy and planned to pass the child off as her own.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 13 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 43 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 34 min ago
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 21 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 34 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
15 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
18 min ago
- UCP Seguin 1 year after merger
58 min ago