Woman sentenced to life for killing pregnant woman
December 13, 2012 (MILWAUKEE) (WLS) -- A Milwaukee woman is sentenced to life in prison for killing a pregnant woman and cutting her full-term fetus from her womb. It also died.
Thirty-four-year-old Annette Morales-Rodriguez was convicted of two counts of first- degree intentional homicide.
A few weeks before the crime last year, Chicago relatives threw a baby shower for the mother-to-be. Maritza Ramirez Cruz was 23 years old.
Morales-Rodriguez told police she committed the crimes because she was desperate to give her boyfriend a son.
She faked a pregnancy and planned to pass the child off as her own.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good 42 min ago
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series 22 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2 44 min ago
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school...
42 min ago