Judge orders Hayward man to stop having kids
January 18, 2013 (HAYWARD, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been ordered not to father any more children until he catches up on his child support payments.
A judge issued the order against John Butler, of Hayward, as a condition of his probation for failure to pay child support.
The judge also ordered the 28-year-old to tell women within three minutes of meeting them that he is a convicted felon and he has failed to pay child support.
Some in the small northwestern Wisconsin town were shocked by the ruling.
"It's wild. it Sounds like something off of Curb Your Enthusiasm," said John Shenk.
The Sawyer County District attorney's office says Butler has at least two children and owes about $23,000 in child support.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 8 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 25 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 15 min ago
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist struck, killed in Roselle identified 43 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos