Judge orders Hayward man to stop having kids
January 18, 2013 (HAYWARD, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been ordered not to father any more children until he catches up on his child support payments.
A judge issued the order against John Butler, of Hayward, as a condition of his probation for failure to pay child support.
The judge also ordered the 28-year-old to tell women within three minutes of meeting them that he is a convicted felon and he has failed to pay child support.
Some in the small northwestern Wisconsin town were shocked by the ruling.
"It's wild. it Sounds like something off of Curb Your Enthusiasm," said John Shenk.
The Sawyer County District attorney's office says Butler has at least two children and owes about $23,000 in child support.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 27 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77