Judge orders Hayward man to stop having kids
January 18, 2013 (HAYWARD, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been ordered not to father any more children until he catches up on his child support payments.
A judge issued the order against John Butler, of Hayward, as a condition of his probation for failure to pay child support.
The judge also ordered the 28-year-old to tell women within three minutes of meeting them that he is a convicted felon and he has failed to pay child support.
Some in the small northwestern Wisconsin town were shocked by the ruling.
"It's wild. it Sounds like something off of Curb Your Enthusiasm," said John Shenk.
The Sawyer County District attorney's office says Butler has at least two children and owes about $23,000 in child support.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot