Wisconsin man banned from 'all libraries' for lewd conduct
March 15, 2013 (RACINE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been banned from "all the libraries on the face of the earth" after allegedly engaging in lewd behavior in a Racine library last week.
Twenty-year-old Tyree S. Carter is charged with misdemeanor counts of lewd behavior and disorderly conduct. Prosecutors say he was openly masturbating in the Racine Public Library, and a witness claims that Carter was out in the open, not trying to conceal himself.
The criminal complaint says Carter apologized to responding police officers, saying that it was his first time doing it in public.
Carter was released on a $1,000 signature bond. Court records indicate that Carter has been told to "stay out of all the libraries on the face of the earth" as a condition of his bond.
He is due back in court next month for a pre-trial conference.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour 46 min ago
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault 40 min ago
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77