Wisconsin man banned from 'all libraries' for lewd conduct
March 15, 2013 (RACINE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been banned from "all the libraries on the face of the earth" after allegedly engaging in lewd behavior in a Racine library last week.
Twenty-year-old Tyree S. Carter is charged with misdemeanor counts of lewd behavior and disorderly conduct. Prosecutors say he was openly masturbating in the Racine Public Library, and a witness claims that Carter was out in the open, not trying to conceal himself.
The criminal complaint says Carter apologized to responding police officers, saying that it was his first time doing it in public.
Carter was released on a $1,000 signature bond. Court records indicate that Carter has been told to "stay out of all the libraries on the face of the earth" as a condition of his bond.
He is due back in court next month for a pre-trial conference.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners 19 min ago
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
19 min ago
- ABC7 tests alternate Red Line route
13 min ago