Wisconsin man banned from 'all libraries' for lewd conduct
March 15, 2013 (RACINE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been banned from "all the libraries on the face of the earth" after allegedly engaging in lewd behavior in a Racine library last week.
Twenty-year-old Tyree S. Carter is charged with misdemeanor counts of lewd behavior and disorderly conduct. Prosecutors say he was openly masturbating in the Racine Public Library, and a witness claims that Carter was out in the open, not trying to conceal himself.
The criminal complaint says Carter apologized to responding police officers, saying that it was his first time doing it in public.
Carter was released on a $1,000 signature bond. Court records indicate that Carter has been told to "stay out of all the libraries on the face of the earth" as a condition of his bond.
He is due back in court next month for a pre-trial conference.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos