3 plan to paddle board 80 miles across Lake Michigan
July 3, 2013 (NORTON SHORES, Mich.) -- Two brothers and a friend are planning a more than 80-mile crossing of Lake Michigan by sharing time on a paddle board.
MLive.com reports (http://bit.ly/13oNjCA ) 23-year-old Craig Masselink, his 19-year-old brother Trent Masselink and their friend 21-year-old Ginny Melby plan to leave Milwaukee on Sunday on what's expected to be a 30-plus hour trip to their families' cottages in West Michigan.
Melby lives in Grand Rapids and spent her summers getting to know the Masselinks, who have a cottage next door to her parents' in Norton Shores.
They plan to set off together with one person on the board while the other two are in a 24-foot boat filled with food, water and supplies.
The paddle aims to raise money for the organization Restore International.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 6 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side 31 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 22 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 23 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 9 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
50 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
6 min ago