3 plan to paddle board 80 miles across Lake Michigan
July 3, 2013 (NORTON SHORES, Mich.) -- Two brothers and a friend are planning a more than 80-mile crossing of Lake Michigan by sharing time on a paddle board.
MLive.com reports (http://bit.ly/13oNjCA ) 23-year-old Craig Masselink, his 19-year-old brother Trent Masselink and their friend 21-year-old Ginny Melby plan to leave Milwaukee on Sunday on what's expected to be a 30-plus hour trip to their families' cottages in West Michigan.
Melby lives in Grand Rapids and spent her summers getting to know the Masselinks, who have a cottage next door to her parents' in Norton Shores.
They plan to set off together with one person on the board while the other two are in a 24-foot boat filled with food, water and supplies.
The paddle aims to raise money for the organization Restore International.
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 5 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 24 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 17 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
5 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
24 min ago