Milwaukee homicides total 5 in last week
August 9, 2013 (MILWAUKEE) -- Two more people have been killed in Milwaukee.
That brings the total since Friday to at least five homicides, plus two other victims shot during robberies who have been declared brain dead .
Police say a 26-year-old man was shot about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday after a quarrel. Police say the assailants left the area and then returned, shooting the victim.
Police said another fatal shooting occurred late Wednesday.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/17zQnbP ) police haven't yet provided details on the second Wednesday shooting.
Mayor Tom Barrett and Police Chief Edward Flynn say additional police officers will be on patrol in problem parts of the city.
The city has been hit with at least 20 shootings since Friday night, and many of the shootings have occurred in daylight.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 29 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 2 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 19 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 35 min ago