Milwaukee homicides total 5 in last week
August 9, 2013 (MILWAUKEE) -- Two more people have been killed in Milwaukee.
That brings the total since Friday to at least five homicides, plus two other victims shot during robberies who have been declared brain dead .
Police say a 26-year-old man was shot about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday after a quarrel. Police say the assailants left the area and then returned, shooting the victim.
Police said another fatal shooting occurred late Wednesday.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/17zQnbP ) police haven't yet provided details on the second Wednesday shooting.
Mayor Tom Barrett and Police Chief Edward Flynn say additional police officers will be on patrol in problem parts of the city.
The city has been hit with at least 20 shootings since Friday night, and many of the shootings have occurred in daylight.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 9 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos