Milwaukee homicides total 5 in last week
August 9, 2013 (MILWAUKEE) -- Two more people have been killed in Milwaukee.
That brings the total since Friday to at least five homicides, plus two other victims shot during robberies who have been declared brain dead .
Police say a 26-year-old man was shot about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday after a quarrel. Police say the assailants left the area and then returned, shooting the victim.
Police said another fatal shooting occurred late Wednesday.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/17zQnbP ) police haven't yet provided details on the second Wednesday shooting.
Mayor Tom Barrett and Police Chief Edward Flynn say additional police officers will be on patrol in problem parts of the city.
The city has been hit with at least 20 shootings since Friday night, and many of the shootings have occurred in daylight.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 33 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 51 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 38 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 26 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 46 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
53 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos