Woman killed when tree falls on car in Keshena during storm
August 22, 2013 (SHAWANO, Wis.) -- Severe storms that moved through northeastern Wisconsin have had deadly consequences.
Menominee County Emergency Management officials say a driver was killed by a falling tree in Keshena Wednesday night. Emergency management spokeswoman Lisa Wilson says the driver was a Menominee County woman.
Wilson says a large part of the county is still without power. Menominee County sheriff's officials say some secondary roads may not be passable because of a large amount of tree damage.
Authorities say about a dozen homes in the Bonduel area of Shawano County sustained damage during Wednesday's severe weather. Public works employees are working to clear area roads of debris. Wisconsin Public Service says about 2,700 customers are without service, which may not be restored until Thursday afternoon.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 21 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 38 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 28 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos