Missing swimmer's body found in Lake Mendota
August 22, 2013 (MADISON, Wis.) -- Divers in Dane County have recovered the body of a missing swimmer from Lake Mendota.
Dispatchers got a call about a man missing in the lake about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Madison Fire Department divers began a rescue effort, but after 2½ hours were unable to locate the man.
WKOW-TV says the Dane County dive team used sonar equipment as the search turned to a recovery operation. They were able to find the swimmer's body.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos