Missing swimmer's body found in Lake Mendota
August 22, 2013 (MADISON, Wis.) -- Divers in Dane County have recovered the body of a missing swimmer from Lake Mendota.
Dispatchers got a call about a man missing in the lake about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Madison Fire Department divers began a rescue effort, but after 2½ hours were unable to locate the man.
WKOW-TV says the Dane County dive team used sonar equipment as the search turned to a recovery operation. They were able to find the swimmer's body.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake