Missing swimmer's body found in Lake Mendota
August 22, 2013 (MADISON, Wis.) -- Divers in Dane County have recovered the body of a missing swimmer from Lake Mendota.
Dispatchers got a call about a man missing in the lake about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Madison Fire Department divers began a rescue effort, but after 2½ hours were unable to locate the man.
WKOW-TV says the Dane County dive team used sonar equipment as the search turned to a recovery operation. They were able to find the swimmer's body.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos