Crews battle large fire at S&R Egg Farm in La Grange, Wisconsin
February 1, 2014 (LA GRANGE, Wis.) (WLS) -- Authorities are investigating a fire that went to four alarms and destroyed a barn at a large southeastern Wisconsin egg farm.
The fire was reported at the S&R Egg Farm in La Grange in Walworth County around 7:45 p.m. Friday. The company says in a statement that one of its 14 barns at the site was a total loss, but no people were injured.
WISN-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fwPS9U ) an estimated 300,000 chickens were housed in the barn.
The company did not provide a damage estimate or say how many chickens were killed. The company says it plans to rebuild the barn, while all its other barns remain in full production.
S&R Egg Farm is a third-generation, family-owned business founded in 1958, producing up to 2 million eggs a year.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos