Crews battle large fire at S&R Egg Farm in La Grange, Wisconsin
February 1, 2014 (LA GRANGE, Wis.) (WLS) -- Authorities are investigating a fire that went to four alarms and destroyed a barn at a large southeastern Wisconsin egg farm.
The fire was reported at the S&R Egg Farm in La Grange in Walworth County around 7:45 p.m. Friday. The company says in a statement that one of its 14 barns at the site was a total loss, but no people were injured.
WISN-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fwPS9U ) an estimated 300,000 chickens were housed in the barn.
The company did not provide a damage estimate or say how many chickens were killed. The company says it plans to rebuild the barn, while all its other barns remain in full production.
S&R Egg Farm is a third-generation, family-owned business founded in 1958, producing up to 2 million eggs a year.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 16 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears 47 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 6 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
16 min ago