Fire destroys barn at S&R Farm; Milwaukee station estimates 300,000 chickens died in large blaze
February 2, 2014 (LA GRANGE, Wis.) (WLS) -- S&R Farm in La Grange, Wisconsin says a massive fire destroyed one of its 14 barns.
The company has not released an estimate of the number of chickens killed Friday night but ABC7 Eyewitness News sister station in Milwaukee estimates 300,000 died.
The company says it plans to rebuild the destroyed barn and all the other barns remain in full production.
The farm is located about 20 miles north of Lake Geneva.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer