Obama family goes to church in DC
October 11, 2009 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- President Obama and his family attended a church Sunday just across Lafayette Square from the White House.
The Obamas have not settled on a permanent congregation since they went to Washington. The church they attended Sunday, St. John's, claims that every president since James Madison has worshipped there.
The Obamas shook hands with the congregants around them. Then, after the service, the family chose to take a leisurely stroll back to the White House.
obama family, national/world
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
53 min ago