Moment quake hit caught on tape
January 19, 2010 (WLS) -- Volunteer Rick Hursh of Cincinnati was taping at an orphanage when the ground started to shake, and the walls began crumbling.
The laughter of the children turned to cries of horror. He helped get 20 little girls outside before the building collapsed.
Everyone escaped unharmed, but the orphanage will have to be rebuilt. Right now, all the children are living in a one bedroom apartment.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 26 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 24 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
20 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
24 min ago
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
13 min ago