CIA Director: Terror attack likely within 6 months
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- According to the nation's intelligence chiefs, a terror attack in the United States will likely be launched within the next six months.
CIA Dir. Leon Panetta told members of Congress that al-Qaida is deploying operatives to carry out new assaults in the U.S.
The terrorists are thought to be in smaller groups with little history and intent to use simpler methods of attack.
ABC News has learned some of the intelligence has come from the accused Christmas Day bomber.
The FBI secretly flew the suspect's family members in from Nigeria, reportedly to convince him to cooperate.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit