CIA Director: Terror attack likely within 6 months
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- According to the nation's intelligence chiefs, a terror attack in the United States will likely be launched within the next six months.
CIA Dir. Leon Panetta told members of Congress that al-Qaida is deploying operatives to carry out new assaults in the U.S.
The terrorists are thought to be in smaller groups with little history and intent to use simpler methods of attack.
ABC News has learned some of the intelligence has come from the accused Christmas Day bomber.
The FBI secretly flew the suspect's family members in from Nigeria, reportedly to convince him to cooperate.
- Boy pulled from Crystal Lake pond after 90 minutes dies 5 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging 50 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos