CIA Director: Terror attack likely within 6 months
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- According to the nation's intelligence chiefs, a terror attack in the United States will likely be launched within the next six months.
CIA Dir. Leon Panetta told members of Congress that al-Qaida is deploying operatives to carry out new assaults in the U.S.
The terrorists are thought to be in smaller groups with little history and intent to use simpler methods of attack.
ABC News has learned some of the intelligence has come from the accused Christmas Day bomber.
The FBI secretly flew the suspect's family members in from Nigeria, reportedly to convince him to cooperate.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos