CIA Director: Terror attack likely within 6 months
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- According to the nation's intelligence chiefs, a terror attack in the United States will likely be launched within the next six months.
CIA Dir. Leon Panetta told members of Congress that al-Qaida is deploying operatives to carry out new assaults in the U.S.
The terrorists are thought to be in smaller groups with little history and intent to use simpler methods of attack.
ABC News has learned some of the intelligence has come from the accused Christmas Day bomber.
The FBI secretly flew the suspect's family members in from Nigeria, reportedly to convince him to cooperate.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 38 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 39 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 3 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 7 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 2 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
38 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
39 min ago