Chicago tradition shows up in DC
March 17, 2010 (WASHINGTON D.C.) (WLS) -- In the Windy City, officials dye the Chicago River green. In Washington, D.C., the White House dyes its fountains green
The request was made by first lady Michelle Obama, according to the White House, because she wanted a reminder of Chicago's St. Patrick's Day tradition.
White House fountains on both the north and south lawns have been dyed for St. Patrick's Day. It's the second time for the tradition.
michelle obama, national/world
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 48 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
48 min ago