Red Cross collects quake/tsunami relief donations
March 11, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The American Red Cross is accepting donations to help in the wake of a devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
Those who wish to donate can do so at RedCross.org or make a $10 donation by texting REDCROSS to 90999. The money will go to those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.
The American Red Cross says the Japanese Red Cross Society has mobilized 11 teams into the heavily-damaged communities. The U.S. organization said it is in touch with its global partners in the damaged Pacific nations and prepared to help when/if needed.
Chapters in the U.S. are on high alert on the country's West Coast where waves hit Friday morning.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos