Boeing Dreamliner launched with flight to Japan
July 3, 2011 (TOKYO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based Boeing launched its long delayed Dreamliner 787 Sunday.
The Dreamliner arrived at Tokyo's airport Sunday morning to applause. The new, twin-engine, long-haul aircraft will undergo testing this week in preparation for its first commercial launch.
Two fire trucks sprayed celebratory arches of water as the Dreamliner approached the hangar.
The Dreamliner is a lighter aircraft and is more fuel efficient than other comparable planes.
Boeing has received orders for 800 Dreamliners to be flown by more than 50 airlines.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 44 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 20 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 51 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos