Boeing Dreamliner launched with flight to Japan
July 3, 2011 (TOKYO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based Boeing launched its long delayed Dreamliner 787 Sunday.
The Dreamliner arrived at Tokyo's airport Sunday morning to applause. The new, twin-engine, long-haul aircraft will undergo testing this week in preparation for its first commercial launch.
Two fire trucks sprayed celebratory arches of water as the Dreamliner approached the hangar.
The Dreamliner is a lighter aircraft and is more fuel efficient than other comparable planes.
Boeing has received orders for 800 Dreamliners to be flown by more than 50 airlines.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 6 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Let's Dish: Chocolate Crepes
57 min ago