Boeing Dreamliner launched with flight to Japan
July 3, 2011 (TOKYO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based Boeing launched its long delayed Dreamliner 787 Sunday.
The Dreamliner arrived at Tokyo's airport Sunday morning to applause. The new, twin-engine, long-haul aircraft will undergo testing this week in preparation for its first commercial launch.
Two fire trucks sprayed celebratory arches of water as the Dreamliner approached the hangar.
The Dreamliner is a lighter aircraft and is more fuel efficient than other comparable planes.
Boeing has received orders for 800 Dreamliners to be flown by more than 50 airlines.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 47 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 52 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake