Leap Year celebrated Feb. 29
February 29, 2012 (WLS) -- This is Leap Day, which comes around only once every four years.
Scientists say the Earth goes around the sun once in 365 and almost a quarter day.
In order to rectify this, an extra day must be added to the calendar every four years. That keeps the seasons from gradually shifting and throwing the calendar out of whack.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
56 min ago