Woman detained after polishing nails on flight
March 6, 2012 (WLS) -- A California woman was taken into police custody after a dispute on a plane over polishing her nails.
Jeanie Daniels was on a Southwest Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Houston last weekend. She was seated and painting her nails. A flight attendant asked her to stop, so she moved to the bathroom to finish.
I said, 'I'm sorry, I apologize,' and put it away." Daniels said. "That's when I discovered I only had two nails left to paint, so I thought if I went in the bathroom and did it, I wouldn't offend anyone."
Daniels and the flight attendant reportedly got into an argument when she exited the rest room. The employee claims the passenger used a curse word. After landing, Daniels was handcuffed and kept in jail for more than ten hours.
An abusive language charge was dismissed by a judge. Southwest Airlines has not commented.
- Barbara Byrd-Bennett: CPS system has to change 3 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row