Woman detained after polishing nails on flight
March 6, 2012 (WLS) -- A California woman was taken into police custody after a dispute on a plane over polishing her nails.
Jeanie Daniels was on a Southwest Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Houston last weekend. She was seated and painting her nails. A flight attendant asked her to stop, so she moved to the bathroom to finish.
I said, 'I'm sorry, I apologize,' and put it away." Daniels said. "That's when I discovered I only had two nails left to paint, so I thought if I went in the bathroom and did it, I wouldn't offend anyone."
Daniels and the flight attendant reportedly got into an argument when she exited the rest room. The employee claims the passenger used a curse word. After landing, Daniels was handcuffed and kept in jail for more than ten hours.
An abusive language charge was dismissed by a judge. Southwest Airlines has not commented.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 14 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 40 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
4 min ago