Woman detained after polishing nails on flight
March 6, 2012 (WLS) -- A California woman was taken into police custody after a dispute on a plane over polishing her nails.
Jeanie Daniels was on a Southwest Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Houston last weekend. She was seated and painting her nails. A flight attendant asked her to stop, so she moved to the bathroom to finish.
I said, 'I'm sorry, I apologize,' and put it away." Daniels said. "That's when I discovered I only had two nails left to paint, so I thought if I went in the bathroom and did it, I wouldn't offend anyone."
Daniels and the flight attendant reportedly got into an argument when she exited the rest room. The employee claims the passenger used a curse word. After landing, Daniels was handcuffed and kept in jail for more than ten hours.
An abusive language charge was dismissed by a judge. Southwest Airlines has not commented.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire 8 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 44 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 54 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Starbucks to allow customers to tip via app 29 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
17 min ago