Woman detained after polishing nails on flight
March 6, 2012 (WLS) -- A California woman was taken into police custody after a dispute on a plane over polishing her nails.
Jeanie Daniels was on a Southwest Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Houston last weekend. She was seated and painting her nails. A flight attendant asked her to stop, so she moved to the bathroom to finish.
I said, 'I'm sorry, I apologize,' and put it away." Daniels said. "That's when I discovered I only had two nails left to paint, so I thought if I went in the bathroom and did it, I wouldn't offend anyone."
Daniels and the flight attendant reportedly got into an argument when she exited the rest room. The employee claims the passenger used a curse word. After landing, Daniels was handcuffed and kept in jail for more than ten hours.
An abusive language charge was dismissed by a judge. Southwest Airlines has not commented.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 27 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport