Suspect sought in Delco dog stomping death
May 7, 2012 (BETHEL TWP., Pa.) -- Police in Delaware County are looking for the person who stomped a family's 10 pound dog to death in their own driveway.
The incident happened late Saturday night at the family's home on Brookcroft Lane in Garnet Valley.
Michele and Thomas Rogers said one of their beloved Shihpoos, Romeo, was killed in a horrifying act of brutality. Michele heard Romeo barking outside at about 10:45 p.m.
"I was like, 'Oh my God, I don't want him to wake anyone up," Michele recalled as she opened the garage door.
She looked out of her garage door to see a young man running away and Romeo lying on the driveway.
"A tall male with a long, white t-shirt on with something bright blue in his hand," Michele said. "My dog was in an unnatural position in the driveway."
She screamed and her husband, Tom, came running. Unfortunately, Romeo could not be saved.
"I picked Romeo up and I saw that his head was severely beaten," said Tom.
"His eye was bulging out and they said there was no chance of recovery," said Michele.
The vet concluded that someone had stomped on the dog's head.
As the Rogers wonder who could have done this, police are investigating the possibility that thief may have scoping our four cars in the driveway and was startled by Romeo's barking.
Michele wonders what that man is capable of next.
"Somebody who can come and stomp on a little 10 pound dog's head? What can he do to a human or a baby or another animal?"
Police were back out in the neighborhood again on Monday conducting more interviews and looking for surveillance video.
They're hoping someone will come forward to help them find the heartless creep who stomped a little dog to death.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77