CDC search for cause of E. coli outbreak
June 7, 2012 (WLS) -- The search is on for the cause of a deadly outbreak of E. coli after about a dozen cases were detected across Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Louisiana.
In New Orleans, the disease killed a baby girl.
It's believed all of the victims have been sickened by the same strain of E. coli.
Not all strains are dangerous but this one is.
It can cause violent reactions, kidney damage and death.
Experts at the Centers for Disease Control are trying to pinpoint what's caused the outbreak.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings 28 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages 5 min ago
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS 58 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school...
28 min ago
- Chicago Teachers Union on CPS school closings
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos