Frightening flight for JetBlue passengers
June 20, 2012 (LAS VEGAS) (WLS) -- ABC News confirmed with the FAA and Jet Blue that a flight leaving from Las Vegas to New York City, Sunday, had to be turned around due to a serious mechanical malfunction.
One-hundred-thirty-six passengers were on Jet Blue Flight 194 Sunday afternoon, headed to JFK airport, when the pilot declared an emergency after the plane suffered an apparent hydraulic failure.
The plane had to circle Las Vegas McCarran Airport for approximately three hours in order to burn off enough fuel so the flight could land safely.
Passengers say the plane lurched wildly, with several people getting sick, but the flight crew tried to maintain calm.
The FAA is still investigating the incident.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation