Frightening flight for JetBlue passengers
June 20, 2012 (LAS VEGAS) (WLS) -- ABC News confirmed with the FAA and Jet Blue that a flight leaving from Las Vegas to New York City, Sunday, had to be turned around due to a serious mechanical malfunction.
One-hundred-thirty-six passengers were on Jet Blue Flight 194 Sunday afternoon, headed to JFK airport, when the pilot declared an emergency after the plane suffered an apparent hydraulic failure.
The plane had to circle Las Vegas McCarran Airport for approximately three hours in order to burn off enough fuel so the flight could land safely.
Passengers say the plane lurched wildly, with several people getting sick, but the flight crew tried to maintain calm.
The FAA is still investigating the incident.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos