Boy, 8, rides floodwaters 1-mile through drain
June 22, 2012 (DULUTH, Minnesota) (WLS) -- ''Me and Emily were at a mud puddle, a big one,'' Kenith Markiewicz, 8, told ABC News. He was playing a flooded creek when he got pulled into a storm drain.
Kenith was swallowed into the culvert by the water, and he traveled a mile through the storm drain pipes in Duluth, Minnesota.
"I got stuck in a drain pipe," Kenith said.
The speeding floodwater pushed the boy through the pipes under Duluth's streets. Battered and bruised, Kenith was dumped out behind a home, where he got help.
"Kenith came out of the woods and he had blood streaming down his head from all sides," Gordon Marshall said.
Marshall took care of Kenith, who is hospitalized, but expected to be OK.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 32 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 33 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 19 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos