Woman charged after 19 children left home alone in Ky.
July 4, 2012 (WLS) -- A woman has been charged after Kentucky authorities say she and a man left 19 children home alone in a hot, filthy house.
Jackie Farah is charged with criminal abuse and endangerment. She has former addresses in Chicago.
The children range in age from 18 months to 14 years old.
They were found Monday night near Bowling Green.
The temperature reached 101 degrees that day and there was no air conditioning or food.
The mother was in Chicago, but was reportedly heading to Michigan because of a family emergency.
The man has not yet been found, but authorities in Kentucky think he might be in Chicago.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos