4 kids find missing toddler floating in Calif. canal
July 11, 2012 (FARMERSVILLE, Calif.) -- Four kids in Farmersville, Calif., are being called heroes after they saved the life of a toddler who had floated a mile down a fast-moving canal.
The boys were cooling off when they spotted an unmoving toddler going past them. At first, they thought it was a doll, until they got closer. The kids pulled the 2-and-a-half-year-old out, and adults began rescue efforts.
Little Alice Falk miraculously survived the near drowning. She was recovering at Kaweah Delta Hospital Tuesday night.
Family members say she is playing, talking and expected to make a full recovery.
national/world, sontaya rose
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 19 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway 36 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 To Go, December 9, 2013
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos